3.26.2013

The Blood of Christ...

Or in our case, a little more neon.  In case you don't know why we decorate egg shells for Easter, I will explain.  The egg symbolizes the tomb of Christ, the dying of the of the egg symbolizes the blood, and the cracking of the egg symbolizes the resurrection.


As most everyone knows, Easter is just around the corner.  We are so prepared!  Like the bunny has pretty much already stepped foot into our humble abode.  As Thomas Jefferson once said, “Never put off for tomorrow, what you can do today.”  I feel like procrastination makes (my) life more difficult.  I learned long ago, that if you wait until last minute, everything  you want/need is gone.  It's a little ironic (for me) I know.  If there is one fact about me it is my concept of time.  Time does not exist in my world.  If I have something to be on time to, I am almost always late.  It's a battle that I may never conquer, but I continue to work on it daily.  I am getting better (I think).

Anyway, back to Easter...

The other day we did something a little different in our egg dying.  Instead of just finding a random kit with glitter or marbleized egg dye, I decided to just buy some food color, add some vinegar and place rubber bands around our eggs in different patterns.  I will admit, there was a bit of skepticism, but of course, they turned out exactly how I had imagined!



 


1 comment:

  1. Learned something new, well two things! I didn't know that is why we dyed eggs, we just always did it! And I didn't know you could do that with food coloring and rubber bands. They turned out so cool! Thanks for all the cool info!!

    ReplyDelete