3.18.2013

Saint Patrick's Day

This year Shawn and I decided that the Leprechaun should come to our house.  So he did.  Twice.

In the wee hours of the night, he came and put a tattoo on every one of us.  Payton had a rainbow on her arm, Lucas, a tiny shamrock on his wrist, Shawn, a shamrock on his head, and I had a shamrock on my hand.  In the morning, Payton came to wake us up and tell us the excitement she had noticed on her arm.  She then started looking for more clues from the leprechaun...  

First it was time for Breakfast and the Leprechaun hid Lucky Charms and green milk in the fridge.  That sneaky little person!  But that was the only indication of the leprechaun (that morning).  Then, Payton said, I think he will come while we are at church!  I looked at Shawn and later said, she is way too smart for us ;)

Well, that is exactly what happened, he came while we were at church!  And he made a major disaster area.  There were ripped up pieces of different shade of green paper all over the floor.  The toys from the toy box were strewn all about.  The leprechaun placed a sign by the mirror that read, "Kiss me, I'm Irish",  and then thought he should put on my Wannabe lipstick and kiss the mirror! 

He led us up the stairs to find Peaco with Payton's underwear and a green and white Puma hat on his head.  There was a diaper filled with a bag of skittles that said, "taste the rainbow"!  Lucas' bed was all over the place, and Payton's bed was arranged opposite of how it always is. He then wrote on the chalkboard that he had been at our house.

It turned out to be more of a success than I thought it would.  We ended our day with delicious cookies and an awesome Hancock family Harlem Shake.  Which, once it's edited, I will put in on the blog :)

Happy Week!




We wanted to be somewhat festive and decorate for the "green" holiday using green food color and white carnations.  Overnight the stems soaked up the green water and showed up in the petals.  It was a rather cool science experiment!
Goodies the Leprechaun left us...(p.s. mint M&M's are divine!)
They were complaining how bright it was after church, and since I have 3 pairs of sunglasses in the car, I let them borrow mine :)
Our second surprise from the leprechaun...I'm not sure whether or not I should be afraid of this face Payton is making?
There were enough tattoos in the goody bags for a half-sleeve...
Left:  Lime Sherbet mixed with Sprite.  Right:  Homemade Mint Oreos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment