1.03.2013

SwanSong

I have needed some major inspiration from the Blog Gods for the last couple of weeks!  I have logged on to create a post, but was lost in time.  There was so much going on!  Everyone was home and I couldn't help but be distracted by our new shiny toys!  But here I am, back in the groove....

As most of you know I went blond...and as most of you know, it was a mistake.  For some reason, I just couldn't be talked out of it.  It was a persistent thought in my head.  I was having a mid-life hair crisis!  And as most bad decisions go, it didn't last long....


Before...blond (gag).


After...Auburn.
My life is so much more complete when I look like myself.  I have learned from this experience.  I had to cut off like 4 inches because 2 inches had already broken off...it was so damaged!  But I feel like it's a nice fresh start.  I know, I say I want to go shorter, like pixie short, but my husband put it best when he said, "you are too attached to your hair to go super short."  He's right, I love it too much!  I just need to keep giving it the TLC it needs, there is still a long way to go until it's totally repaired.  Coconut Oil as a deep conditioner, and Argan Oil before and after you air/blow dry!  Try them both, they are magical!

Aside from the final dilemma of  my hair, it was a fabulous Holiday.  We blessed Lucas finally!  I know, it took us forever, but it was amazing!  We gave him a sucker to keep him from yapping during the blessing, and he did pretty good.  Shawn said Lucas tried to feed the sucker to him while he was giving the blessing.  Hahaha!!!  Crazy kid!

Happy Parents!


Our Christmas was once again successful!  Payton asked for more Lalaloopsy's, so this year, Santa hid them in the tree...That sneaky man!  She also asked for Lego Friends, and lots of art supplies.  I'm pretty sure she goes through a drawing pad in like 2 weeks!  She loves to draw and is really good.  I should really start putting more of her art on here :)

Lucas didn't know what was going on, he just knew that new toys kept coming to him.  We got him a couple things of Lego Duplo, which right now he just likes to throw them back into the box they came in.  He also got some cars and trains, and of course, a Ninja Turtle!

Our cool gift tags this year.  We did something like this for every single present under the tree and then some!


Gingerbread men/women shaped Sugar Cookies.  Shawn and I made these into the wee hours of  Christmas Eve.  I must say, this night was Epic, just like these cookies!
 
We told Payton that Santa wouldn't come until she was sleeping, so she pretended to sleep by the tree.  She wanted to take a peek!


I'm pretty sure this is the coolest thing ever!  I described to Shawn this necklace holder that I had seen on Pinterest.  Little did I know it would be one of my Christmas gifts.  He's so crafty and this is so awesome!

Another way Shawn is the best?  He got me this really cool elephant charm bracelet.  (And of course you have to add more arm candy!)




For New Years eve, we were total homebodies.  We played with the kids, watched movies, and had a Wii Jeopardy marathon.  At midnight we raised our glasses and did a toast to us!  We stayed up even later watching more movies and I think Payton finally fell asleep around 1:30.  I was in awe that she lasted so long! 

Love these kiddo's!

Shawn reading one of my favorite books!  Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Super hot dad with super cute kids.  Who could ask for anything more?
 
It has been such a glorious month.  The world didn't end like they said it would.  In fact, we went to Temple Square on the 21st to see the lights and someone said, "Well, if the world ends, at least we are by the temple."  After, we were done seeing the lights, we headed to City Creek and some 16 year old was screaming, "the world is going to end!"  And Payton was like, what?  Really?  The world is ending?  Anyway, we are still here, so once again, all you fools thought wrong!

Temple Square...it was freezing and we had no mittens for this boy, so Shawn put his gloves on Lou...haha..pretty sure he hated us the rest of the night!

Just a boy and his dad :)

I thought I should post a hair pic.  There was a French Braid on each side, as well as the top and underneath the messy bun.

"Pitter-Pay."  When you ask Lucas who's cute, his response is PAY...

...When you ask Lucas who's crazy, he raises both hands!  Stylin' boy
Family Photo.

Cheers to 2013!!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought your last post meant that you were going to stop blogging! I am so glad I was wrong! Looks like a fun fun month! I wish we were back in Utah. I love wii jeopardy and no one will play with me.

    ReplyDelete