1.24.2013

Freezing Rain

Is what they said on the news this morning.  I don't think I have personally ever experienced freezing rain until the drive this morning.  I didn't think much of it until it was hitting my windshield and making pure ice!  And then while I was taking Lucas to the door of the sitter I almost fell on my keyster!  Oh weather. Gotta love it!


Last week I spent my time mostly in bed.  I was so sick.  Flu.  I catch anything and everything someone in my house has.  Shawn says it's because I am too small.  I say it's because I have a poor immune system.  Which makes no sense because I am a total health nut!


Aside from the sickness and the bitter cold, we have made ourselves rather comfortable.  Payton and I have been taking on some new science experiments. She got this really cool scientific book for Christmas and she is a total nerd and LOVES it!  We made a fizzy beverage, cleaned some super dirty pennies, figured out why animals are able to camouflage themselves and learned that ice automatically stops boiling water.  Our next project is a volcano!  She is most excited about that one!  I will admit it, I am a total nerd too :)

We also got artistic and did some painting.  Payton did some yoga with me.  She made it 10 minutes and then gave up.  She actually did pretty good.  She said, "it looks so easy, but it is hard!"  I smiled and said, "the more you do it, the easier it becomes."  But then again, yoga is kind of  hard if you have never done it.  (And, if you're 7.)  You have to have major core strength (thank you pilates) and flexibility. 

Payton's Art

Best Yoga Buddy

I love my little Lucas!
Lucas thought he should eat the marker...

Raspberry and Peach is the BEST flavor combination EVER!

Lucas and Moxy.  Moxy is an Ugly Doll who lives in Ugly Town which is in the Uglyverse.  We love Ugly Dolls at our house!





Shawn and I got to go out to Sundance last night.  Not in Park City, we just stayed local.  We went and saw a movie called The Spectacular Now.  It was a little heartbreaking, but charming.  The director was there and did a Q&A at the end.  I love the film festival!  We haven't been for a couple of years and I have totally missed it, but we do have another movie Saturday during the day, local again, but I'm excited!  You never know what you're going to get, of course, and sometimes they are total bombs, but I'm pretty sure we picked out another goodie. 

Sundancing it up!








No comments:

Post a Comment