1.07.2013

Dear Mariah (Carey),

For the last 10 years I have been rather disappointed in you.  I was a huge fan of yours in the 90's and early 2000's, but then you decided to change your image.  You thought your ballads were no longer selling, which may be true.  I realize mainstream artists change their image most of the time.  I guess I just feel like you totally sold out.  I know that Mr. Ryan Adams is a fan of yours too, which makes me like him even more than I already do, but this hip-hop thing you have been doing is just not working for me.  I still love to hear about you and can't wait to watch you on "American Idol", but I'm afraid that in my heart, I can only cherish your old music.

Recently, OPI has endorsed you to put out some colors.  This excited me, and then I got a good look at them at CosmoProf last week, and once again, I was disappointed in you.  I feel like the same colors came out in the Germany Collection, except your polish colors have a lot of glitter in them.  And then I noticed something.  "A Butterfly Moment".  It made me so happy!  This blush wine color has been on my top 5 color list for a couple of months now.  It is the perfect winter color!  Thanks for having something soft (sans glitter), like a ballad, once again :)

I know the nail color looks a little more gold than pink, but blame the instagram filter!  I also know that I probably should have held the nail polish bottle in my hands like the rest of the world, but I decided against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment