11.06.2012

Sleepless Nights

Are blood shot eyes contagious?  I'm starting to think they are.  This morning as I was putting on my makeup I told my husband that his eyes were really red.  At the time, mine were just normal.  Well, I just looked in the mirror, and they are red now too!  Was it something I said?  Or could it be the fact that we think we need to party all weekend?  Oh wait, that's Lucas.  Lucas and Payton share a room.  Before Payton started first grade, and was at our house more, bedtime was a piece of (cheese) cake.  Well, for the last 2 months we have had MAJOR sleeping issues.  Lucas thinks he needs to talk, laugh and run around in his crib while Payton tries to sleep, which in turn has Payton telling us that she can't sleep because of Lucas.  So we get Lucas out and try to rock him, but it's just party time, still.  He just laughs and wants to play.  Payton falls asleep, so we put Lucas back in his crib, and he cries and cries, and then Payton comes and tells us, Lucas is crying, so once again, we get Lucas and try to calm him down.  By the time 11 rolls around, he is tuckered out.  Mind you, we put these kids to bed at 9.  What is happening!?  And then,  Payton will come into our room around 3 am and tell us she can't sleep.  Which in turn, we will tell her to go back to bed.  There have been times when I hear her come in, but not say anything.  There was one time when she went back and forth 7 times in like an hour without a word.  Shawn seems to think she's sleep walking.  I know this transition has been really hard for her.  I don't know what to do with either one of them, which makes me so irritable.  I am not a crazy mean person, but lack of sleep is a total mood killer!


We didn't do anything to incredible this last weekend.  Payton lost another tooth on Friday, the tooth fairy came again, so she wanted to get a Lalaloopsy.  She got another Candy Shop, Twist E Twirls.  She laid them all out in a row and Shawn was like, whoa sister!  Do you have enough?  And she was like, no, I am going to collect them all!


We went to a birthday party for Savannah, Sadie and Jack, because all of Abby's kids are born the end of October, beginning of November.  However, her new little (no name) girl will be born in March :)


And then we just made some more cut out cookies and decorated them.  So like I said, nothing amazing, but that's because I came to a hault in my activity planning!  However, I told Payton that we can go to Michael's and get some stuff to make a cornucopia next weekend, so that will be fun!




The Dutch Braid.  If you are used to The French, Dutching takes some coordination.

As we were walking into the chapel on Sunday, this was the cover of the program we were handed.  Payton was so proud that she is starting to write a chapter book about missionaries, and what a better way to write than to ask Grandma, the Author, to help?

And this is what I walked into Sunday night...Elton Luke!

The Waterfall Headband Pony, it sounds more complicated than it really is.

Lucas loves to squat when picking up objects from the floor.  Yesterday, he was grabbing handfuls of popcorn and shoving it into his mouth.

When asked which jammies he wants to wear, Lucas says, monSTER, with total intonation at the end!

 

2 comments:

  1. Can you be my mom? lol No one ever did my hair when I was little and Payton's hair is always so cute and beautiful! I can't braid or do hair at all! The sleeping issue, we are going through it too with Pay and Lore. We've been staggering bed times, and it sometimes work. And isn't the coming in at night and not saying anything creepy? Lore does it and stand right over me. I scream every time cause its straight out of a horror movie the way she does it. lol Good luck! Hope they start sleeping for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...does it freak Lorelei out when you scream? When she first came into our room without a word, I was a little terrified, but now I know it's her, so it's not as bad. However, as mother's, you and I deserve more sleep!!!

      Delete