10.16.2012

Jubilant-sy


Welcome to fall (3 weeks ago). I can't get enough of the most glorious time of the year!  Well, for me at least.  I know most people love December because of Christmas, but my love ranges from  mid-September to whenever it starts to snow.  Snow and I have a love-hate relationship. 

We have been planning fun weekend adventures for when Payton comes over.  Example, we went to the Hay Maze/Hay Ride/Pumpkin Patch extravaganza at Wheeler Farm a couple of weeks ago.  It was rather invigorating!  We found our way through the maze, all thanks to miss smarty pants, and then we worked our way to the pumpkin patch.  Payton picked the largest pumpkin, Lucas kept trying to eat his, and I just wanted a cute symmetrical pumpkin. We will be carving them next weekend!  Exciting!


Last week my sister was in town from California.  We did a few fun things, City Creek (since she had never been there), a picnic in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Millcreek Library, and of course, The Hogle Zoo.  Which was the best!  We haven't been there since Lucas' birthday and they have new things.  Rocky Shores, a baby giraffe (so cute) and they are building a new African Savanna for the train, which doesn't open until 2014, so you can tell, it's going to be a good one!

With fall, comes birthdays, at least in our family.  Mine is the end of September, Shawn's was last week.  We like to go out.  Last week we went to a movie called, "Seven Psychopaths". Christopher Walken, Colin Farrell, need I say more? 

Lucas = crazy.  He went from crawling to running.  But you see,  he's not your typical runner.  He puts one arm up over his head and one off to the side.  It's rather hysterical.  He loves to dance.  He sings.  He says, "clock."  Everything on the wall is a clock.  Most animals are dogs.  Birds are ducks, and cats...are titties...hahaha...I love it!  He listens and knows a lot of things I say.  He knows that a brush is used to brush his hair.  He knows where to go when I tell him to brush his teeth.  He knows to get his shoes.  He knows to put his toys away when I tell him to.  He likes to mimic me cleaning.  He will grab the dish towel off the oven and wipe off the cabinets when I am wiping the table.  He plays the piano, and hates having to leave when we are at his grandma's (she is the one with the piano).  He loves broccoli and salmon.  In a 24 hour period, he sleeps 15 hours.  He loves to make us laugh.  He's so fun, and thinks he is so funny.  He takes after his daddy :)

I love doing girly mother/daughter things with Payton.  She and I made Shawn the most delectable pumpkin cupcakes.  She loves to help me make goodies.  The week before it was making Halloween cutout cookies, black cats and pumpkins.  She loves watching the kitchen-aid mix the ingredients.  She loves putting her cold hands in the flour (she claims the flour warms them up).  She always wants me to paint her nails in crazy ways.  This whole month it has been Halloween colors.  Polka dots, stripes, squiggles. She let's me try new cute do's on her hair.  I have been doing a waterfall braid on her lately, which doesn't last long because it's a loose braid and she loves to run around, but it's cute for church!  I did the bow and the seashell braid last week (i should start taking pictures).  Her long hair makes me happy.  Every time I give her a trim I say, how much to you want off?  She says, how about to my shoulders?  I clip it up to show her what it would be like and she says, um...how about just a teensy tiny bit :)   She gets embarrassed when we talk about her friend Gavin (she has a crush).  She has her first loose tooth and can't wait for the tooth fairy to come!








Pumpkin Patch

I love these faces!  Haha...(the giraffe is licking the wall)

Cool wooden hieroglyphic elephant at the zoo.

Lucas with his blanket over the head...he could not stop laughing.
I slaved over a hot stove making this delicious apple squash soup with pomegranate.  Seriously, it took at least an hour, maybe more.

Yummy pumpkin cupcakes with my favorite mellowcreme pumpkin candies on top!


There is nothing better than nestling yourself in a blanket on a cold fall night.

I had to add my sweet little Ginger.  I miss her so much!  Luckily, I get to cuddle her from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment