6.04.2012

Birthday Zoo

I can't even believe it has already gone by, but Lucas turned one about 2 weeks ago!  He is so all over the place and it sometimes drives me insane.  Mom, I'm going to get into EVERYTHING!!!  And even though I have mahhhh moments, Lucas is so much fun!  He mimics a lot of what we say and do, he points to the monkey's in the book when we ask where they are, or where the light on the ceiling is, he is getting ready to walk, loves to make Payton laugh, eats, and is the best sleeper ever.  He gives hugs and it has to be the sweetest!  I love my baby, and at times I wish he was only 3 months old, but I would not trade where we are for anything in the world!

The day of Lucas' birthday, we thought about going to the zoo.  We weren't sure whether or not we would make it because Payton had come over with a fever that morning.  Around 1pm she was bouncing off the wall, so I was pretty sure it was time to head out.  What a nice day.  The sun wasn't beating down upon us, we saw a bird show, watched the rhino's roll around in the mud, (ps...they are huge!) and enjoyed the cutest little black footed kitten on the planet!

The next day we had a joint party planned for Cooper and Lucas (since they are only 2 days apart).  Aside from the inclement weather, we had a fabulous time inside!  The boys opened all their presents, ate their super messy chocolate cake, (which was more amusing than I imagined) and were totally worn out by the time it was time to go.  It was a great party and we can't wait to do it next year!  Happy First Birthday boys!  Your mommies love you!

Bronze Rhino


Um...have you ever seen anything more magnificent?  The colors were amazing!  This peacock was such a show off and I soaked up every moment.

Shawn has always mentioned she was a 'monkey child'


Cooper was like shoving the cake into his mouth, while Lucas just apathetically joined in :)



1 comment: