11.10.2011

gray hair, blemishes, and baby boys

Seems a bit ironic correct?  That's because it is!  As I was looking in the mirror at my drab of a natural hair color, ash brown, I thought to myself, man, I need a touch up!  And then as I was looking a little harder I was like, what in the!?  Referring to, of course, gray hair!  This is a horrible gene that I think my mother has passed along to me.  I just was so mortified as a began tweezing these gray hairs!  Fortunately, there were only four of them, and they were only 1/2 inch long.  It just makes me so sad to see that I am getting older....or am I? 

I have been blessed for about a year now without any type of skin problem, which I believe is partly due to extra hormones.  Well, while I was noticing these gray hairs, I also noticed two little whiteheads on the side of my nose, exactly where my sunglasses sit!  I just thought, could this be because I am using a horrible new face wash, or my sunglasses are really dirty?  Which, it could just be both.  But this is where I am confused.  I thought that zits disappeared once you turned 25? (Which is totally false, I think it's how your skin reacts to every day stresses.)  I also thought that gray hair didn't make it's way through the root until you were 30? ( Which I also know that is totally false, I just wanted to believe that I wouldn't start to get gray hair until 30!)  Oh well, I will just continue to follow my skin regime as well as color my hair because I am not now, nor will I ever be prepared to embrace the natural occurrences of life.

I also wanted to add this picture because I think it's the cutest!

Preston loving Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment