8.15.2012

Two Years and (almost) Eternity


Yesterday was our two year anniversary!  I wish I could say that we started the day with a lovely breakfast in bed of pancakes and eggs, on a tray adorned with flowers in a vase and a sparkling glass of orange juice.  Sadly, that was not the case.  It was Tuesday, and like most Tuesday's go, we have work.  So, we started our celebration at 5.  We took Lucas to Ka's house and then headed to our tradish...Takashi!  So delicious!  I must say, shashimi is the way to go!  However, I was totally not into the take (octopus).  We had a few delightful (spicy) rolls.  If you have never tried a riceless roll, I suggest you do.  It is wrapped in cucumber and just has this crunch that is to die for!

After our delectable  meal, we went to the Broadway Theater and saw a movie called, Moonrise Kingdom.  It is directed by Wes Anderson.  He is known for 'The Royal Tenenbaums' as well as 'The Life Aquatic'.  Anyway, it, like his other movies, was so witty and random that we could not stop laughing! 

I wanted to end the evening with some flavorful gelato, but by the time the movie ended, I was freezing!  Does anyone know why they keep movie theaters so cold?  I think I should start taking a coat because I feel like I'm visiting the Arctic Tundra!

That was our short and sweet evening out.  It was really nice and relaxing to have a quiet evening to ourselves.  I highly recommend it to everyone with kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment