8.24.2011

One last hoorah

We decided to take one last trip, really the only trip we took this summer!  Payton, Lucas and I drove down to St. George to meet my family.  They go every single year to Zion and to see the plays at Tuachan.  This year, they were supposed to go in June, but it was postponed due to my grandma breaking her arm (it's all better now).

So in the previous post, I mentioned the missing keys, and how we were driving off with Shawn's parents car when he found the keys!  So we reversed to the driveway, repacked our car, met my cousin Greg and his wife Cassidy at the gas station and got some snacks.  Then our journey began.  Payton was entertained by an old portable dvd player, which was excellent for me because it sure is a long boring drive.  We stopped for lunch, and tried to feed Lucas with his bottle (which he absolutely hates!), and kept on our journey.  I must say, I had the best travelers ever!  These kids are so good!  Lucas cried for maybe 10 minutes the whole car ride!

Our first stop was of course, the pool...Payton is a fish for sure!
Cool underwater camera (courtesy of Cassidy)

The next morning we woke up and traveled to Zion.  As I was putting the kids in the car, I asked my mom to go into my room and get the portable dvd player since it was a long drive from our hotel to ZNP.    So she comes out with this black bag and I was like, "mom, why are you bringing the breast pump?"  It was awesome!  She thought it was the case for the dvd player.

Once we got to Zion, we decided what trail we were going to do first, and well, the only one we did.  It's definitely different when you have kids.  They don't want to go on a 13 mile hike in Cable Canyon, or climb the chains up Angles Landing, or get swept away in the high water at The Narrows right?  We went on a hike called the Emerald Pools. This hike consists of 3 pools, a lower, a middle, and an upper.  We only made it to the lower pool, but it sure was beautiful.  No one complained, except I think Lucas got hot and a little dehydrated.  People were oohing and awing over him, one Italian lady even said how 'bello' he was!

I know every parent thinks their kids are the cutest, but I am pretty sure we have the cutest kids around!


We made it in one piece!

The following day we decided that we were going to Sand Hollow.  It's like a recreational park with a reservoir and sand dunes.  It was so nice!  The sand was red (hence why Payton calls it,"'the red sand lake"), the water was beautiful!  And the best part, no one was there!  I can only imagine on weekends and probably the first part of the summer, it is packed!  It's pretty new, so maybe no one really knows about it?

"Red Sand Lake"

Later that evening we went miniature golfing with Greg and Cassidy.  Payton had never been and loved it.  She hit it in one hole in like 2 shots and she says to us, " I was thoroughly pleased with that shot!"  We all started laughing!  Sometimes I can't believe the words that come out of her mouth.  Awesome!

It was a short trip, but we all had an excellent time!  I told Payton that we will come again when she is 6.... she really wants to go the day after her birthday ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment