7.18.2011

I think it's time...

Well, it's time to write about our new sweet addition....Baby Boy Hancock.  He was born 5.25.  He weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 20 in long.  In the previous weeks Shawn had tried to persuade me that Noah was the name for this boy child, but I was just not interested.  While we were waiting for this baby to be born, Shawn was writing on the white board, Noah Foster, Lucas Foster....still, I was shaking my head to Noah.  As the day pressed on, the contractions got worse, but he wanted to be here so quickly!  After 6 hours of pitocin, morphine  and a 10 minute push our baby boy was born.  They cleaned him off, weighed him and well, he was a no name.  To Shawn he looked like a Lucas, to me, he looked like a Noah...we totally flip-flopped!  We had some visitors come and ask his name and we just couldn't decide.  Well, about 10:30 that night I said, okay, we need to name this child!  We stared at him for a little longer and came to the agreement that we would call him, Lucas Foster Hancock.  And now, I can't see him as anything else.  We are just so in love with him and he is such a good baby!

The following pictures are the first three weeks of his life:


Pre-Delivery


Little baby Lucas..he was starving when he came out...he has been a good eater from the start :)








This is the 2 second pacifier suckage...it's almost as big as his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment